Yak Herder Central

Yak Herder and his trusty(?) altered ego, The Swami, are content to provide little content of their own, but delight in providing "helpful" commentary to the blogs of others ....ALL THE NEWS THAT'S FAIRLY UNBALANCED

Monday, November 27, 2006

Yak Training By Yak Trainer

The Swami will probably not be blogging for a couple days since he has to attend two day-long seminars. I'm not sure, but I'm hoping it has to do with advanced yak-herding techniques.

The reason that I am fairly opimistic that the seminar is about yak herding is that the photo below is one of the instructors. Obviously this is one of those dressy sessions where you have to wear a tie.
















I do not know if I can get bonus points with our instructor by taking my birthday yak hand-puppet with me. I sure hope so, I need all the help I can get. About two years ago we invited the instructor's cousin Boris over for Christmas dinner. He was one of the best dinners we ever had, but I think the rest of the family may still miss him.
















Perhaps it would be better if I just happened to have a bale of hay in my attache case and I could share that with him.

5 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Mary said...

LOL! We've been there. Take your hay and puppet and make the best impression!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger The Swami said...

Mary,
I appreciate the advise. I'll take the puppet and a bale of hay. Do you think that is a Windsor knot in the yaks tie?

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Have you let Zak use that puppet as a chew toy? It was a lot cuter the other day.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Don't make the mistake of taking just any old hay! Over here, we recommend timothy hay or orchard grass.

Have fun!

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....and here I thought that Alfalfa would be the hay of the day. Rich and aromatic, sure to win many brownie points. I would not bring up the unfortunate Boris as that will certainly put a damper on the whole affair. Happy belated birthday by the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home