Yak Herder Central

Yak Herder and his trusty(?) altered ego, The Swami, are content to provide little content of their own, but delight in providing "helpful" commentary to the blogs of others ....ALL THE NEWS THAT'S FAIRLY UNBALANCED

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Photographing Geriatric Yaks

Sorry loyal readers, or reader, Swami has not blogged for several days. Like a flea market canoe, Swami has been swamped.

It was a tough choice: blog, or keep searching the internet and comparing cameras. Several times I got as far as putting a camera or a camera body in the checkout basket, only to go back and reconsider what is the best choice vs what I'd really like [Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II 16.7MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) $6,814.95] vs what I really need( a disposable camera for 9.95?) vs what I want to spend for what is reasonable.

After checking the mail today and seeing that I did not receive a photo assignment from National Geographic (which is strange, since I did not apply for one,...Hmmm) I ruled out the 16.7 Megapixel. Well, that's one less choice. Progress.

Swami almost had a very good deal on a Canon EF 12-800mm f/1.4-22 telephoto auto zoom image-stabilized lens for only $139.95 from a very nice man in Nigeria, but his internet connection must be temporarily down. I lost contact shortly after I gave him all my personal and financial information. Well, I'm sure he will ship the lens in time for Christmas.

It is strange how pictures sometimes get distorted over the internet. The glass in the lens photo looked a lot like the bottom of a Coke bottle.

I had to stop looking at cameras today because I spent an hour and 37 minutes on the phone with my insurance agent trying to find out why the premiums on my yaks went up so much. There was just that one little incident in the china shop and once the walls and floors were repaired they were able to glue a lot of the china back together again.

This may well lead to a class action discrimination lawsuit. It was a geriatric yak that tripped in the china shop. Raising rates on a geriatric yak is probably age discrimination and discrimination against yaks. Swami is very confident that he will have no problem finding an attorney to take the case.

3 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Perhaps your yak was off lead? I've seen signs posted in china shops, "Please restrain children and yaks." Good luck.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Janet Egan said...

Best camera for photographing geriatric yaks is a geriatric, antique, historic Sony Mavica -- the kind that uses floppy diskettes. All my best yak shots were taken with my Mavica because my Pentax (the film kind) was stolen from my suitcase somewhere between JKF Airport and Beijing. They didn't take the Mavica for some reason -- theives need higher resolution than 640 x 480?

Insurance on the obsolete camera will be way cheaper than insurance on the yaks. Just don't pack the yaks in your suitcase when traveling.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger The Swami said...

Mary,
I'm wondering about where you have been shopping!

Janet,
How crazy do you think The Swami is? (That, for the record is a rhetorical question. That means please do not attempt to answer it).

Swami always takes his yak as carry-on (or if recently deceased as carrion. (I know, I stole that line from someone)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home