Yak Herder Central

Yak Herder and his trusty(?) altered ego, The Swami, are content to provide little content of their own, but delight in providing "helpful" commentary to the blogs of others ....ALL THE NEWS THAT'S FAIRLY UNBALANCED

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Friends Don't Let Yaks Drive Drunk

I recently mentioned the upcoming holidays. One of the things that I hope none of us have to be reminded of, even though I am doing so, is the danger of drinking and driving. There is also an often unrecognized danger in letting your animals drink and drive.

I can honestly say that I have NEVER given a yak alcohol and then let it drive. However, I once saw firsthand the terrible, tragic aftermath of a camel drinking and driving. (see photo)

[note the late Clyde the Camel lying in the median in the background and the empty whiskey bottle in the foreground]. This camel was absolutely NOT wearing a seatbelt.





Please do not misinterpret my post, I would never want to discourage someone from sharing a friendly quaff or two with the family's quadrupedal pet. In fact, Zak and I shared some yak milk last night. And before someone calls the authorities, Zak is over 21 in yak-years.

5 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mary said...

At the end of a somewhat miserable day, you are able to make me hee-haw and I thank you for that. Really.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Swami, it's too bad you don't tell all the real stories you have from your travels. They are almost as interesting as the Yak tales.
But we don't want to blow your cover, now do we?

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger The Swami said...

Are you so impertinent that you impugn the veracity of my yak's tail?

It is all real.

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never gotten toasted WITH my quadruped but I must admit getting toasted while ON my quadruped. Remember once getting tied to my saddle by well intentioned trail riding buddies because I succumbed to the demon rum, actually it was "snake bite". Being wet behind the ears I had no idea what was actually in that concoction only that it tasted so good on that brisk fall day. Hmmmmm perhaps I would have been better off had the equine imbibed rather than myself!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger The Swami said...

Wheeeeew. Am I relieved. Until I read Jane's last sentence, I thought she had put a saddle on one of her Bostons. I was thinking, wow, she must have really been sloshed!

Yak milk, of course, is a traditional cure for a hangover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home