Yak Herder Central

Yak Herder and his trusty(?) altered ego, The Swami, are content to provide little content of their own, but delight in providing "helpful" commentary to the blogs of others ....ALL THE NEWS THAT'S FAIRLY UNBALANCED

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Swami's Inner Artist?

The Swami has visited numerous blogs of birders and artists and has seen many very beautiful paintings. As a result I have gradually felt a rumbling inside me as my inner artist has sought to get out. [Or perhaps it was just gas].

I'm not 100% sure that I have identified the birds correctly, but I think they're right. These would be added to my life list which, including the pterodactyl and dodo, would be up to almost ten. I'm not certain that I want to be a full time wild-life artist although I'm sure you are all marveling [is that the right word] at my unbelievable artistic talent. However, I may not (please do not be too disappointed) be able to pursue my art because it would interfere with my schedule for training the yaks.





















The Swami added two more life birds to his list this weekend. Below is the elusive Golden Haired Blue Bird. One of the loveliest birds, matched only by the other life bird I saw.




















The second life bird of the day was the Golden Breasted Grinning Cutie Pie. The Swami understands from advanced birders that these two lovely birds are often seen in the same areas. They also often can be found near raptor haunts.




I know that many of you are probably depending upon The Swami to help you with ideas for Christmas gifts. Do not despair Swami will come to your rescue with his usual, well-thought-out suggestions.

7 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I think you should continue to pursue your yak training, although I can see a hint of "creative" artistic talent in your drawings... You are very fortunate to have such very lovely subjects today! Susan sure makes beautiful girls!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Oh, God. He's DRAWING now.

I have had the joy of seeing these two birds. But make no mistake, they are not as sweet as they look. They eat like vultures, they make a huge mess around your house, they suck all the life out of you...
But I love them anyway.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

BTW:
Anyone notice that he said "golden breasted"?
Oh, Swami, your color blindness is showing. That bird is GREEN.

Of course, you may have just been trying to be cute.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just wondering why he didn't give the bird teeth like Zick's grub eating woodpecker...details Swami details make the painting come alive. You did a much better job on the Seersucker.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger The Swami said...

Uh, Susan, green.... yes, green,.... that's actually what I meant. I guess I must have hit the wrong keys accidentally.

By Jove, how dare you impugn Swami's colour vision.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger NatureWoman said...

Hey Swami - Check out Yarn Harlot's blog - scroll halfway down today's posting where she talks about spinning Yak umm wool? fur? whatever it is yaks have that you can spin. Her blog address is yarnharlot.ca/blog
And thanks for the photos of the bird cuties.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Now YOU are my idea of a bird-watching guy. This, I understand. Not being into details or birds and being completely incapable of drawing a likeness of anything that needs more than the alphabet, I may be able to get into bird-watching, Swami-style...

Funny guy....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home