Yak Herder Central

Yak Herder and his trusty(?) altered ego, The Swami, are content to provide little content of their own, but delight in providing "helpful" commentary to the blogs of others ....ALL THE NEWS THAT'S FAIRLY UNBALANCED

Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Semantical Nightmare on a Bad Day

I was going to title this ''A More Unfortunate Misunderstanding," but if the previous post was "...Most Unfortunate..." how can you have more than most? Mostest?

My head hurts. And no, my turban is not too tight.

Why was this a bad day you ask? Of course, you did. Well, it is the fault of Janet's Wednesday Oct 11, post on Julie Zickefoose's blog. Janet not only told Julie to avoid The Swami's yak milk tummy cure, but she questioned whether the Swami had ever had yak milk.

Well, because of the temerity of that question Swami not only ended up battered and bruised but I spent nearly two hours at the constable's office explaining why I was inside a compound at the zoo trying to milk a yak. It was a most embarrassing experience.

Finally, a few words of advice. Never try to single-handedly hook up a yak to a wood-burning milking machine.

5 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Swami,
Humor is a good thing but please keep in mind that some of your readers have had multiple children and are of an age where better living through chemistry is a necessity due to a weak bladder. Unless you are willing to donate your excess turbans or a year supply of Depends you really must rein in that exuberant sense of humor.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

I know what you mean, Jane.
I wet my pants all the time when he is around.
OH, what a family I married into!
Jane, by the way, he is "local", too, if you didn't know.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger The Swami said...

Susan,
I know it is late and I don't have my spectacles on, but what do you mean that I'm loco too?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Janet Egan said...

Swami, I can't stop laughing!

Would it brighten your day if I recommended a fabulous yak movie? Himalaya is a beautiful movie with not much plot or character development but amazing yak footage and a good sound track. Kind of a yak music video.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger The Swami said...

Janet,
Reviews of Himalaya sound interesting. May watch it with Swamette sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home